Welcome November!! I honestly can’t believe that we’re almost at the end of the year. With everything going on, it’s important now more than ever that we really slow down, enjoy the moments and take full advantage of the extra time we have during this holiday season. I mean when will we ever have a legitimate reason to stay inside and spend uninterrupted time with our families and kids. I know by now, a lot of us had pretty much had our fill of our families but this time of year is special and we should really cherish it, This season, I plan on doing just that. This year, I am going to spend as much time at home as I can doing all of the fun holiday things that I love to do. Of course the thing that I love most is cooking, so I’ll be cooking up a storm and posting one recipe/dish everyday until Thanksgiving. Some recipes will be posted to the blog and others will be exclusively posted on IG, so make sure that you are following me there,
Yesterday, I shared my tips for building the perfect charcuterie board and today I’m sharing my recipe for Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs. If you haven’t guessed, this week’s posts are all about Thanksgiving appetizers and starters and what is a more appropriate starter than meatballs. These two-bite meatballs are flavorful and the perfect appetizer to sit out while your guests and family mingle before they sit down to the main Thanksgiving meal. They are also perfect to serve for Friendsgiving gatherings. This recipe can also be adapted to make larger meatballs which can then be served as a main course dish.
I know that our Thanksgiving gatherings, whether with family or friends, will look a little different this year but that doesn’t change the fact that we can still make great food.
Check out the recipe below and enjoy the beginning of the holiday season!
Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
1/4 onion (diced) 2 cloves garlic (finely minced) 1/2 tea italian seasoning 1/2 tea. parsley 1/2 tea. onion powder 1/2 tea. onion powder 12 oz. crushed tomatoes 1/2 tea. salt (+/-) 1/4 tea pepper (+/-) 1 handful basil 1 lb ground beef 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs 1 egg mini mozzarella cheese pearls 2 table olive oil 1/2 table. water
- To a medium pan add oil and heat.
- Add diced onion, minced garlic and seasonings to the pan. Cook for about 15 minuets making sure to stir occasionally so that the garlic does not burn. Half way through the cooking process add in water and continue to cook until the onions are translucent and soft.
- Add in crushed tomatoes and reduce to a simmer.
- Tear basil into small pieces and add to the sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine, ground meat, breadcrumbs, egg and seasonings (salt/pepper). Mix until will combined.
- Encase the mozzarella pearls in a ball of meat.
- Nestle the meatballs in the sauce and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle over parmesan cheese and serve.