Hi There!Jump to Recipe
The weather is finally getting warmer! It felt like the weather was never going to break, but we’re glad that it did. Now that warmer days are ahead of us, it’s time to start pulling out recipes that incorporate the season’s freshest and juiciest fruits. This recipe incorporates the very best that summer has to offer. I mean what could be fresher and more perfect for summer than cold cubes of watermelon, fragrant basil, sweet thick honey and juicy tart limes all over a schmear of sweet vanilla cream cheese (or mascarpone cheese if you’re feeling fancy)?
This “salad” is great to serve after enjoying one of our charcuterie boards because it’s refreshing and will lighten your palate. If you are having a gathering, your guests will most certainly love this and will be extremely impressed with your presentation skills.
To prepare this for your next gathering, simply plate this on a large, rectangular serving platter. If you are feeling extra fancy, chop up a handful of shelled pistachios and sprinkle on top just before you serve.
I hope that you consider making this recipe for your next gathering. If you do, we would love to hear about it/see it. Be sure to let us know.
Simple Watermelon Salad
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla paste
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar All of this may not be used
- 8 cubes watermelon
- 5 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tbsp honey
- zest of 1/2 of a lime
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios option
Vanilla Cream Cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla paste and powdered sugar. Mix together until ingredients are well combined and the cream cheese mixture is smooth with minimal lumps. *If you are concerned about the sweetness of this mixture, add the powdered sugar in one tbsp at a time until you reach your desired sweetness. *
- Create a crescent shaped schmear of cream cheese on your serving platter.
- Add the watermelon cubes on top of the schmear
- Drizzle the honey on top of the watermelon
- Julienne cut the basil and sprinkle on top
- Sprinkle lime zest on top
- Garnish with chopped pistachios if you are using
- If you are feeling fancy, mascarpone cheese can be substituted for the cream cheese.
- The cream cheese will be easier to mix when it is at room temp.
- This recipe is easily scaled to accommodate a medium to large group.